Movie Review : New York I Love You

Why did I go for this movie??!! Thanks to a certain famous Pastrami it is... :)

Anyways a lot of my friends were eager to watch this movie 'cos they all love New York. I guess as a tribute to them, I went to see what all this city is about. And to tell you frankly, I am highly disappointed with the movie at least!!

There are some ten-eleven "love" stories making up this movie, each written and directed by a different writer and director. The stories in themselves are sometimes nice and sometimes crazy. They are interwoven together sometimes, and sometimes not.

Some of the stories were nice, like the interaction while lighting a cigarette between a man standing on the street with another woman, and of a bored wife with his husband, as if he was a stranger, and moments between an aged couple who fight like children after having given each other companionship for over fifty years. There are many other such nice instances, of a guy taking a physically handicapped girl to his prom and being pleasantly surprised at the end of it, or the bond between a little girl and her father, and then many more...

But with so many characters, half the time I felt lost trying to figure out the characters in the movie. And the pace of the movie is so slow, its almost boring. I felt like walking out multiple times actually.

Could have been better. Will give it 1.5 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review : 3 Idiots

Some of my favourite artists

Delhi Daredevils are back!