Movie Review: Interstellar


Its a bit late to review a movie seen two months back, but I think Interstellar requires one. It was a Christopher Nolan movie. I would not hold the same standards for a lot of movies, but I think his movies need to be more.. and Interstellar wasn't!

To be fair - it was amazing at a lot of levels! The visuals, the creativity in the vision - linking space travel, a grim future, black holes, singularities, gravity between time and so on requires a lot of courage and vision. But it failed.

And for me, it failed because it tried to do too much! By the end of it, I was confused about what the movie was trying to say and do. Was it trying to give reasons for ghosts and superstitions? Was it an emotional movie on relationships? Cooper and his daughter? Amelia and her father? Amelia and her boyfriend? Was it a science fiction? Did it want to talk about the great human spirit? Or just show an awesome visual movie? Did it have a message on the fraility of human character? Or the importance of relationships? Or to let go?

Sadly, it had all of this and that is where it lost out...

I must admit I loved how the story all fit together - gravity being used to send messages from a different time from a black hole. And the visuals on the two planets. I loved the whole experience, even though there were parts of the science that I wasn't able to grasp while seeing the movie.

But the problem is that when I left, all I remember are the great visuals while the rest of it was lost on me. It just didn't stick....

Would go for 3.5 stars on this one...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review : 3 Idiots

Some of my favourite artists

Delhi Daredevils are back!