On Sehwag

After the brilliant performance by Sehwag in the Test match against Sri Lanka yesterday, lots has been written about him.. I'll just put here, some stuff that was forwarded to me, or I read on some website..

" I have asked him (Tendulkar) many times what the zone is. He tells me that's when "I see nothing except the ball". I ask how that is possible. I have never felt something like that. I have asked Rahul Dravid the same thing. He says sometimes when he is in really good form, he sees only the ball - and not the sightscreen, the non-striker, the umpire or who is bowling, he just sees only the ball. But I have never entered that zone even if I've scored triple-centuries twice. Maybe I will enter that zone they talk about in future." - Can we imagine what would happen if he does start going into 'the' zone???

"Hard as it is to believe, Sehwag had scored just 15 runs off the first 31 balls he faced in the Test." - Such a statement, and that too for a test match can be made only about him!

" A fair time, then, to acknowledge Vijay, who at some other time would have been the story of the day. But when Sehwag bats like he did, you feel sorry for the bowlers, put the other batsmen in the footnote, and move on." - Nailed the point completely!!

UPDATE : An article on Sehwag. Its hilarious, but still worth a read, to see the kind of emotions he inspires in people:)))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review : 3 Idiots

Some of my favourite artists

Delhi Daredevils are back!