Movie Review: Fitoor


I finally saw a Hindi movie in a theatre after suchhh a long time, and thankfully I wasn't disappointed (surprisingly too!).

Fitoor is based on Great Expectations, stars Tabu, Katrina, Aditya Roy Kapur and is shot primarily in Kashmir, with some parts in London and Delhi. When I went for the movie, I had no clue what it was about. But just before the show started, I glanced at one of the reviews and wish I hadn't. It would have been fun to see how much time it took for me to figure out its 'inspiration':).

As I said above, I enjoyed the movie. Given that Great Expectations has been one of my favourite books since I was young, that might have something to do with that;-). Anyways, first things first - Fitoor is an artist's canvas. So pretty, so perfect - whether its Kashmir or Katrina. The snow and chinar and lakes and havelis of Kashmir; the paintings of an artist; or the beauty of its lead characters. Highlighting beauty everywhere was one of the goals of the movie. And it delivered on that for sure. I just loved how it all flowed, seamlessly and beautifully, and totally enjoyed being part of the journey.

Maybe to balance, the story or the acting wasn't as perfect:-). But then who had the time to notice it? Tabu and all character actors were at their best. It was only Katrina and Aditya who were the weak links, but then they still looked good, so that worked too. The story did meander a bit in the second half, but overall not as bad as so many of the other Bollywood offerings.

Kashmir was at its best! I yearn to go back to this place where I spent a lot of my childhood; but was never able to visit since. Though other than the beauty, I can't see why the movie was based in Kashmir. its not like Haider where Kashmir was an integral part of the story.

Would give it 3.5 stars (I haven't understood why critics totally destroyed this movie. Maybe its my love for Kashmir or beauty or Great Expectations which coloured my view, but I totally loved the movie and wasn't bored for a single second!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review : 3 Idiots

Some of my favourite artists

Delhi Daredevils are back!