Theatre review: And then there were none

'And then there were none' is an Agatha Christie whodunit play. Its already been made into a Hollywood movie as well as a Bollywood one. So when I got an opportunity to see the play in the theatre, I was expecting it to be not as entertaining as if I hadn't known the story. And how wrong I was!!

The play we saw was in Leeds (and I must say the theatre was quite grand and larger than some of the ones I have gone to in London). The setting of the play is 10 'little soldiers' who all land up in an empty house on an island off Devon in the UK. They were all conned into coming there in a suspicious way. They are get stuck there, isolated and unable to get off the island. And then suspicious things start happening.

Also, each of them is accused of having abetted a murder which they all deny in the beginning but somehow seems to be connected to their being on the island itself. Slowly, as the story unfolds, one by one, all of them start getting murdered. And as we learn more about each of them, we also realise that they were all in fact responsible for the murders that they are accused of. And then we also learn  that the murderer is one of them itself!

It was a very entertaining and suspense filled play though I must say I guessed the murderer quite early on. Sill very well acted and produced. Worth a view for sure. Would give it 4 stars.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review : 3 Idiots

Some of my favourite artists

Delhi Daredevils are back!