Movie Review: Life of Pi

To be frank, I had read the book 'Life of Pi' (because of all the hype the book had around it) and not liked it. And the same happened to the movie. I did not want to watch it initially but with the number of Oscar nominations it received, landed in the theatre but with the same result.

The best aspect of the movie of course was all the animation and special effects. Shooting a man with a tiger, on a boat lost at sea is not an easy setting to shoot. The whole part was shown realistically and was impressive. But there was something which was missing in the movie as well as the book. I can't place my finger on it, but maybe it is realism? or a link to reality? or the link to God?

I don't know what it is, but I came out of the theatre completely unmoved. Will go for 2.5 for this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review : 3 Idiots

Some of my favourite artists

Delhi Daredevils are back!