To-be-fat or not-to-be-fat?

This post is posted in the category of 'News'. Well, it should be, it has become a matter of such national importance, that it hogs enough limelight in the news regularly anyways.

"Why is Aishwarya so fat still?!!"

The first time I saw such a headline, I was almost outraged. How and why would anyone even think about somebody else's weight? But I chose to forget about it, assuming it was just one person's random views.  But soon enough I figured out I was wrong, but so wrong?? I had just not expected that.

Aishwarya's weight has become a national obsession. And I just cannot understand it! To be honest, I am not an Aishwarya fan. I think she is beautiful but she is quite a terrible actress and given the big movies she gets, its quite a waste to see what she does to those movies.

That being said, I still cannot understand why the media writes about her weight. For one, its none of their business. Its her life, she might chose to be fat or slim, its her choice. If they think she is in the movie business and she has to be always slim, its completely incorrect. She can be fat or ugly or anything else she wants to be. If she doesn't get movies, its still her choice and her life and her consequences. Who are we or anyone else to pass judgement or make unreasonable expectations on what choices she makes?

Secondly, she has just had a baby. It's part of being a woman, a mom. She can choose whatever lifestyle she wants: to be with her daughter and focus more on her than herself. She might even choose to never lose weight or maybe never work again. Its her choice! Why should the media or anyone else try to impose their view of what is right or wrong on her? If anyone thinks what she is doing is wrong, they can correct it in their own life themselves.

But this commenting on how she is is just not justified. And should stop immediately.

We all need to become less judgemental on people's lives which are not are own, not just the media but we as people too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review : 3 Idiots

Some of my favourite artists

Delhi Daredevils are back!