Movie Review: The Dirty Picture

Ewwww! I would like to forget that I ever saw this movie! Uggghhh!! Though have to give it to the producer, what a brilliant idea he had.. To portray a movie as a biography: It at least gets the masses to come and watch something which is nothing more than a vulgar blue film; which they wouldn't have seen otherwise. And I can't still believe how a mainstream actress agreed to do such a role either! And how did such a movie get to be categorized with the 'normal' movies we all see. Promos all over tv and everywhere. I am still in shock on what I saw!

What was the movie about, I still haven't been able to figure out. Some depth, some story, some message, some entertainment? At least it should have had something somewhere? All it showed was the life of a dancing star who does all kinds of scenes and dances in movies and goes about her life in a reckless manner; regarding men, career and money. And I guess that's it. The rest was just all body show in a very vulgar manner. What else was there in the movie?

Am also surprised to see the kind of ratings Dirty Picture has received: an average of 3.4 across some 10-12 reviews. What is this world coming to? Reading the reviews, I was expecting at least something in the movie, but there was NOTHING at all!!

I guess the only positive I can remember is that Vidya Balan has acted just outstandingly! You don't see the Vidya Balan of Parineeta anywhere in the Silk of Dirty Picture. She's done an awesome job at whatever she did. Hats off to her. Still I think the movie was terrible. Would give it just 0.5 stars. 

Why was this movie made at all?

Comments

  1. so expected this movie not to appeal to your sensibilities...and hence not surprised at all that you didnt like it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review : 3 Idiots

Some of my favourite artists

Delhi Daredevils are back!